Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's getting close!

It's been a couple weeks since I last wrote because we were on vacation. Thinking about it now, I want to cry. It's our last vacation for at least a year. Leave went by so incredibly fast. The first week all Roberto did was play video games. The next week, we went to Louisiana to visit my family. That was wonderful and so relaxing. The rest of leave, we just hung out at the house as a family. All in all, it was a really good leave. Now it's over, and we're back to the grind, and I can't get the deployment, only a few weeks away out of my mind. Everywhere I look, I think about it. I know I'll be okay, but right now I just don't feel like I will be. I feel like we're breaking up in a way. We still love each other, we just can't be together. It's ridiculous, I know, but it's how I feel. Please keep my husband in your prayers... and Myracle and me.


On a "lighter" note, literally, I've lost 27lbs. Yay! It's so nice to see the inches disappear. I'm wearing clothes I haven't been able to wear in two years. I wore Roberto's shirt two nights ago to sleep in. I haven't been able to wear his clothes since we've been married. It was AWESOME! Roberto was hugging me the other night, and he put his arms around my waist and said, "You're getting so tiny!" I beamed! I'm anything but tiny, but to hear him say that, and to know that he can see the changes make me feel like a million bucks. 


It's been almost 6 weeks since the surgery. As of now, everything's going really good. I still get tired easily, but I can handle it better. I haven't taken any of my pain meds since the 8th day after surgery. I'll get cramps here and there, and pain here and there, but it's not so horrible that I can't bear it.


I've recently starting walking at the track. I have so much more energy when I work out now. It's crazy! I can go further, faster, and stronger. I feel amazing after I'm done. Before I had the surgery all I could think about was how idiotic I looked. Now I feel like I'm truly doing something for myself, and it feels awesome! I love the things I can do now. I still don't have tons of energy, but it's getting there. 


God has blessed me so much. I wish I could thank Him enough for everything He's done for me and my family. But there's no way to thank Him for so much. Nothing, humanly, that I can do, at least. I'm still going to try though. (:


'Til next time.... Love y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment